Monday, June 30, 2008

Week of July 4 - Let's Get Back To Structure

Well it's time to get back to the structure which keeps me sane....the coach/mentor guy is probably going to have his hands full with Daddy Duty for a while, so I guess I'll see if I can look back at my previous training and make something up....I don't even know if I should be doing any kind of structured training, but just going out to ride without a purpose in mind is just boring to me. Can't get any of my old riding buds to ride with me anymore so it's still solo riding. And, if it's solo, then there has to be structure.

Here's the plan - I went all the way back to February/March and looked at what I was doing during the week and this is what I've come up with for this week:
  • Monday: 2 sets of 4x8min zone4 (168-195w), cadence>95, 6min between intervals, 8min between sets.
  • Tuesday: 2 sets of 4x2min high cadence drills, cadence>120, 2min between intervals, 3min between sets.
  • Wednesday: 2-2.5 hour zone 2 recovery ride.
  • Thursday: 2 sets of 4x8min zone4 (168-195w), cadence>95, 6min between intervals, 8min between sets.
  • Friday: Fourth of July - metric ride somewhere.
  • Saturday/Sunday: Don't know yet.

Guess I'll see how this goes. I probably wouldn't be doing 2 sets of these intervals back in February/March, but I think I've got the base (2700+mi) to handle this kind of training now.

I don't know what I'm doing for the 4th. There's the local metric ride I can do or maybe travel is in the plans if it's going to be terribly hot. I don't do heat very well. Maybe someone with more knowledge than I will chime in to the above plan and tell me what they think. All I know is I can't do non-structure very well and need to figure out how to ride otherwise.

No comments: