Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Day Ride

New Year's Day ride today was the Burningtown Loop down in Franklin. One of my favorite routes around here. Temps were in the mid 40's with some wind...a bit cold to me at the start...but, I warmed up quickly.

We rode with one of our friends from Cullowhee, Barry (aka Hammer)...Must be a reason his nick is "Hammer" besides being a variation of his last name...all of us rode fairly easy to begin with, but Hammer is a strong rider and I'm too competitive at times to let him go...Andy was in "winter pace" mode and made no attempt to try and keep up with us when we were hammering off the front. We did this a few times too many and missed our turns....added about 4-5mi to our ride.

I had a great time today on the route...a couple of climbs that I did really well on compared to when I rode the route last time. But, maybe I rode a bit harder than I should have considering I have a cross race on Saturday....29miles

Anyways, enough talking...here's the pictures:



















No comments: