Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day Ride

Yes, you read that correctly.  I decided I was tired of sitting on my butt watching tv and decided to make a few changes.  One change was to get out this afternoon and ride...didn't matter that it was slow and very short (5.5mi/21min) - the whole point was to start with something instead of nothing.  The second change I've made for the new year - I emptied all the sodas down the drain and cleaned the fridge of any unhealthy food (wasn't much).


The weather was overcast, a bit windy, and the temperature around 47F.  I managed to get shorts & tights on fairly easily, but the base layer/jersey was a little more difficult.  Finally dressed, pumped the tires and off I go!  OMG...that felt so good to be on the bike.  


Country Lane/Barber Mill Rd/Amelia Church Rd/Guy Rd/Hwy 42/Barber Mill/Country Lane.


Doubtful that I'll be able to get out this weekend to do another short ride because of the weather, but one can only hope. :)

No comments: