Here's the plan - I went all the way back to February/March and looked at what I was doing during the week and this is what I've come up with for this week:
- Monday: 2 sets of 4x8min zone4 (168-195w), cadence>95, 6min between intervals, 8min between sets.
- Tuesday: 2 sets of 4x2min high cadence drills, cadence>120, 2min between intervals, 3min between sets.
- Wednesday: 2-2.5 hour zone 2 recovery ride.
- Thursday: 2 sets of 4x8min zone4 (168-195w), cadence>95, 6min between intervals, 8min between sets.
- Friday: Fourth of July - metric ride somewhere.
- Saturday/Sunday: Don't know yet.
Guess I'll see how this goes. I probably wouldn't be doing 2 sets of these intervals back in February/March, but I think I've got the base (2700+mi) to handle this kind of training now.
I don't know what I'm doing for the 4th. There's the local metric ride I can do or maybe travel is in the plans if it's going to be terribly hot. I don't do heat very well. Maybe someone with more knowledge than I will chime in to the above plan and tell me what they think. All I know is I can't do non-structure very well and need to figure out how to ride otherwise.