Sunday, January 22, 2012

Feeling Better..

Meh...I didn't ride at all last week. :(  

1) I think I had the beginnings of an ingrown hair in my arm pit and I shaved and it became grossly infected.  Talk about a huge bump and extremely painful!  I NEVER want to have that happen again.  It left me feeling a bit sick over the weekend of 1/14 & 1/15.  So much so, that I really didn't feel like riding - I did pretty much nothing but sleep and lay around the house that weekend.

2) I moved my Dad back to Greenville, SC on Monday (1/16) and was down there until Wednesday of last week.

I didn't ride yesterday because it was rainy and I'm pretty much a fair-weather rider at this point.  I hope to get back to the point in my cycling where I won't let a little bit of rain or wet roads or winds stop me from cycling.  Maybe by the end of the year I will have reached that point. :)

But, I did put in my Tough Love Spinervals dvd before lunch today and managed to stick with it for an hour.  I felt well enough that I probably could have gone on for at least another 30min or maybe an hour, but the damn saddle on the Fuji has the nose up too high and it was really becoming a pain.  Eeked out 15mi in an hour.

I puttered around the house this afternoon - cleaning up the floors after the dogs, washed some clothes, watched a bit of the boob tube, fixed some supper and decided I would give the trainer another go-round.  Put in the easy Aerobase Builder IV, but the damn saddle was just making it very uncomfortable, so I only rode for 30min - 8 miles.

I need to fix the saddle position tomorrow and maybe do the Aerobase dvd again tomorrow, but we'll see how I'm feeling....

23mi/1.5hr.

MTD: 175 miles. 

Plan on taking the bike with me to work on Tuesday and riding during lunch, not sure about Thursday as right now it looks rainy.  I'm going back to Greenville on Friday and I'm going to take the trainer and bike for riding on Saturday.  The one thing I'm not going to do any more is skip my rides on the weekends when I go to Greenville....

1 comment:

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com