Saturday, February 2, 2008

Bike Love & Training Woes

Sooooo...this past week has left my training very lacking. I just felt no love what-so-ever for my wonderful RC. Poor baby! I don't really know what the deal was this week - just didn't feel like riding. Maybe it was a combination of the roads I have to ride on during my lunch hour plus the high winds. Most of the roads have little to none as far as shoulders and when the wind is like it was this week, I'm blown all over the edge of the road. Top this off with the stupid traffic that I also have to deal with and I just had no desire to ride.

I feel bad that I didn't ride this week though. And guilty. Maybe instead of riding out along Rock Quarry Road, I should head into town on those windy days and find some hills to do repeats on. I suppose that would be better than not riding at all.

February is going to be better though. I'm going to make sure that I get in 3-4 days during the week of riding - need to kick it up a notch, as well as get to the gym 3 days. And weekend rides.

TRAIN LIKE YOU RACE

I haven't been doing this very well. It's hard to train properly in group rides. Most of the guys I ride with are out riding to have fun and there's nothing wrong with that. It's just that I have more serious riding goals this year and it's very hard to get the required training in for these riding goals when I do group rides. Maybe it would be better to do group Sunday rides, but I doubt there will be much interest in that.

The Frostbite Tour is coming up in 4 weeks. I've never ridden a 100 miles, but I'm going to try my damnest to complete 100mi. BikeWNC will be in town that weekend and will be riding, probably doing 100mi as well. I seriously need to keep the training up the next 3 weeks...I want to be able to keep up with him, but I'm just not 100% sure I will be able to. That's why I've got to kick the training up...next week, I'll be riding the metric route of the Frostbite and the following week I'll complete the metric and part of the 100mi route for 75mi. The last week will be a rest week preparing for the 100mi route.

Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: