Yesterday was really nice, tho just a bit windy, but I rode anyways. I wasn't sure what I was going to do when I started - either a zone2 ride or intervals, depending on how I felt. I must have been feeling ok, because I decided to do intervals.
I thought I would try to do 10 minute intervals and drop down to 8 minute if I couldn't do them. I managed to do them alright. But, as my mentor tells me after thinking about them over night, it seems I didn't do them correctly. I went too hard on the first one, and the 2nd & 3rd ones were ok, but I didn't take enough time for recovery between them. Then I decided to do a 4th one. It wasn't even in the correct zone:(. Almost in zone 4, but not really there.
Next week, I have 2 days of intervals scheduled - 4x6min with 8min rest in zone 4 with cadence 95+ and 3x3min with 6min rest in zone 5 with cadence 95+. I have to nail these. I'll find a road tomorrow while riding that I think I can do in 6 minutes and just repeat the intervals there. Same for the 3 minute intervals. I guess the training will be picking up a bit....
I also took my bike to the LBS to see if the front derailleur could be adjusted so that the chain would not come off the big ring while I attempted to do stomps. Prior tries had it falling off when I was in the combination of 50/12,12,14.
Now for the beater bike build....
I got a couple of tapered files at Lowe's Hardware and filed off all the powdercoating from the bosses. I was able to put the shifters on, but I didn't have all of the parts. Last week, I ordered a set of clamp-on Arabesque shifters off of ebay, thinking they were what I needed. Well, they are not what I need, but they do have all the parts and in the order of installation. These shifters also look WAY better than the ones I have. I will be putting these on tonight.
Last night, I tried to install the bottom bracket. It seems like you need to put the left side part in first then the right side. I started opposite that. I couldn't get it to screw in, so my husband thought he was more mechanically inclined and tried to screw it in. Needless to say, it didn't work and it got stuck. I didn't think it was going to come out, but we got it out. I put the bike away afer that because I was getting aggrevated with it and would most likely mess something up further if I continued.
I also received the Vittoria Rubino Pro white tires and the Look KeO Classic pedals from ProBikeKit on Monday. Looks like I will be able to get that Selle San Marco Regal white saddle afterall - got some money for my birthday!
Maybe I'll get more of my parts installed this weekend and have some pictures to post!