Thursday, February 28, 2008

Stressed Out + Not Eatin' = Not Too Good

*Sigh*

It's been a stressful week so far for me. Stuff at home and stuff at work have really been stressing me out this week. The stress leads to me not really feeling like eating very much, which is not too good when you are trying to ride. I've probably had, at most, maybe 3000cal this week. No, that's not per day, but for the last 4 days, including today. I think today was the lowest - 2 bananas & a snack size bag of goldfish, and a few wheat thins.

I could really tell that I haven't been eating during my ride this afternoon after work. I felt (or thought I felt) pretty good when I started my ride, but by the time I had warmed up and got to the section where I do my intervals, not so good. I had wanted to try 4x8min in zone4, but very quickly realized that I would not be able to do that. Made a change to 4x6min. But, whew, I think those were the hardest ones I've done in a while. Only managed to do 3 of them and even then, I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to do 3 of them.

#1: 187/181/95
#2: 181/179/95
#3: 181/177/93

6min on, 8min off. Cadence should have been higher.

Maybe tomorrow will be zone2 with high cadence drills and not sure about Saturday. Going to visit my Dad this weekend up in Valdese Saturday afternoon. Planning on riding from Marion to the BRP on Hwy 80 Sunday morning. I want to ride on to Mt. Mitchell, but since I've never ridden this road, I'll wait and see how it goes.

Hopefully, some of the stress will be gone or decreased after this weekend. The stress isn't good, for my riding, general mental health, and my health. Though it does help with the weight loss.

No comments: