Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Busy Week...

Well, I haven't posted since this past weekend, as I've just been kinda busy with work and stuff leading up to the Christmas Holidays. This post won't be cycling related, well, maybe I'll throw in a little bit...:)

So, just to get this out of the way...Intervals on Monday in the cold. Temps were around 40F with whine chill around 35F. Good grief, it was cold. Couldn't feel my toes and by the time I had finished my 10min warm-up, I was contemplating not even doing all 4 of the intervals. But, I thought of BikeWNC and how he'd give me shit about not doing them (most likely) and to HTFU, I went ahead and did them. 5x4min intervals. Yay for me!!

See, that was short. My car needed the oil changed before I head up to Sylva next week and I also needed the mechanic to check the left rear tire. It has had a slow leak in it for a long time and I've been using my bike floor pump to pump it up. That's not easy. Anyways, took the car to the mechanic Wednesday for those things and rode my bike back to work. Nice, easy ride.

Last night, I made the shells for the wonton wrappers I will make Friday morning for a breakfast snack at work. I made 300!!! I also cooked a pound of turkey Italian sausage and one pound of ground turkey breast. This will be used for the baked ziti at Friday's lunch.

Recipe for Wonton Wrappers:
1# Bass Farms Hot Sausage, cooked & drained
1c shredded Monterey Jack/Colby cheese
1c Ranch dressing
1 small jar pimientos
1 package wonton wrappers
1-2 mini muffin pans
  • Take out 6 wonton wrappers and quarter them. (I use 6 because I have 2 mini muffin pans=24). Place one quarter in each muffin space, pressing down so that the wrappers make a little cup.
  • Bake for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
  • Take wrappers out & cool. The whole package makes 280+ shells.
  • Mix the remaining ingredients together in a medium bowl.
  • Place a "dollop" of the mixture in each little shell.
  • Bake in 350 degree oven till bubbly.
  • Enjoy!!
For my luncheon Friday, I'm using 1.5-2 pounds of sausage and increasing the other ingredients a little bit. So, I'm going to be getting up fairly early Friday morning to cook the ziti and make these wonton wrappers. You can make the little shells a day or two ahead of time and store in Ziploc bag. I also mix up the other stuff the night before and store in refrigerator.

OK...I think that's about all for right now.....




No comments: