Friday, April 11, 2008

30s Intervals Today

So, this evening after work, I headed out to do these 2 sets of killer 30s intervals. Wow. Dunno, but, I was not as wasted after these as I was the first time. Despite not hardly eating anything today (Hammer Nutrition bar, Oats & Honey Granola bar w/PB, & a gel before starting) I felt damn good. Why is that???

Numbers:
#1: 389/680/98
#2: 355/566/89
#3: 303/533/96
#4: 379/634/101
#5: 338/603/98
#6: 316/498/87

Overall average of the 6 intervals is 347w. Last week, it was 354w. The #5 & #6 were a bit more difficult, but I didn't feel nearly as bad as last week. Does this mean I didn't go hard enough??? If so, I'll work harder next week.

It was a bit windy this evening, but the temps were great! Prolly around 80F when I started riding. I also experimented with riding in the drops more....wow. It was pretty dang comfortable. Do need to continue with the weight loss, as the boobs seemed to be getting in the way /rolleyes/. Other than that, I really felt good riding in the drops. Might have to start riding more like that.

Not sure about tomorrow...Gonna go get something good to eat for breakfast I do know that!!! As for riding, it's weather dependent. Then Sunday is the Crowder's Mtn metric. I hope I feel as well on Sunday as I did today and this past Monday or Tuesday!

28mi ridden today.

No comments: