Sunday, April 6, 2008

Lots To Do This Week

Intervals, TT, intervals, Crowder's Mtn Metric are up for this week. Planned on riding a metric today, but mentor/coach guy suggested maybe to only ride the 42mi route of the RRR since I had a lot coming up this week. Sounded like a plan, cause after thinking about it...it probably would have been a bit much.

The ride today was not ridden the way I wanted to. Hammering to keep up with a couple of guys that were riding faster than I really wanted to. Not the easy, spinning type of ride I needed. Now, I've got some tired legs and have 3x1m intervals on the agenda for tomorrow. Damn. I can see that this is going to be another painful Monday.

The dang weight loss has been stalled for the past 2wks as well. I'm going to attempt to go to the gym a few times this week for lifting and core work to see if this will help get things moving again. This last 8 pounds is getting aggravating for me. Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday during lunch, then again towards the end of the week...3-4x.

Guess I need to get to bed a little earlier tonight. And the rest of the week. Well, Wednesday will be a long day...it's a 2.5hr drive back home, which means I probably won't get home till around midnight or later, after watching some of the TT and getting something to eat afterwards.

Damn. I'm tired after today's ride.

2 comments:

nickel said...

This is kind of random but I really like reading a blog by this guy Lyle McDonald and I stumbled on this book rec a few days ago so it might be helpful? It seems more targeted toward weightlifters and not people that are already doing a lot of cardiovascular exercise.

http://www.bodybuildingweb.net/blog/stubborn-fat-protocol/

wolfpack said...

Interesting. I can give it a try when I go to the gym after work. A little hard to fit in all the stuff I want to do...going to try to go to gym at lunch this week for some upper body lifting and core stuff. I'm going to give that a try for the next week or so to see if I can get it moving. If that doesn't help, then I'll look into this...Thanks!