Wednesday, March 12, 2008

New Set-up

Yesterday, I brought my bike with me to work with the plan being to change out the stem & seatpost during lunch, then ride after work/PT. Got the 'before' measurements then put the 'new' stuff on. Seatpost looks nice, even though it's silver instead of black. Stem looks good too. But, I have a problem....I can't get the damn front end from having movement fore/aft after tightening the compression plug then the stem bolts. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I followed two different sets of instructions (Park Tool site & friend) and I just can't get it right.

I guess when I do get this fixed, I should try to have a bit of control and not do rides that are too long or hard....new set-up could take a little bit of time to become adjusted to and I need to be careful and not get hurt. Yea, Yea, Yea, I know...I'm already slightly hurt. But, the hurt I have now is not really the same as what I had last May. This hurt is sore hamstrings/calf from the recent adjustments. If I didn't get hurt riding the Ring of Fire, then I can't see how riding Burningtown caused me to get hurt.

So, that inability to get the front end from wiggling and not riding put me in a pissy mood yesterday...farkin' beautiful day and I didn't get to ride. Damnit. And, now, today, it's going to be something like 72F here. I'm going to take it up to the Trek store at lunch and see if Matt can fix it and/or show me what I am doing wrong. I hope there's not something messed up....knowing the kind of luck I have though, I've probably messed something up. I really need to get out and ride...the stress is bringing me down big time now.

I'm about to the point where I can not deal with this shit anymore. Some people know what I'm talking about....something has got to change and soon. Leave or stay? I don't know. Staying is making me F'ing miserable right now. HTFU. Just do it. Damn. *sigh*

No comments: