Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Mid-day Ride

Wow! It was a beautiful day here in NC. One of my riding partners asked me over the weekend whether I might want to ride today. Of course, the answer was yes!

I left work around 10:30am and arrived at Jay's house around 11:15am. The wind was blowing steadily at about 12mph, but the sun was out and the temps around 75F! We head out down Hwy 50 towards Benson and usually I have trouble holding his wheel on the climb up 50. Not today. Not on any grade we hit today. Yay!

Anyways, we go down Old Fairground to some other road to the right that is nothing but climbing until Johnson CoLine road. Cross this heading into Harnett county. This road we are on is terrible...bumpity, bumpity, bump. Finally end up at a little store that's just off of the normal route we take. We never new about it! It will be added to our Benson/Coates route as a 3rd stop. Sorely needed at times.

By this time, we're close to an hour into the ride and I'm finally starting to feel better. Didn't feel bad, but it takes me a while to get warme up. Jay did most of the pulling up till now. I did a lot after the store stop. With him riding behind me, I always feel the need to go as hard as I can for as long as I can. Not necessaryily the best way to train, but that's just the way it is with us. HTFU.

We had one more short stop just off of Hwy 1010 before heading back to his house. Great ride today! Our overall stats were 34mi/2hr ride time. I unfortunately, went home, took a shower and went back to work!

***off topic***
My son had exams today - Spanish & English. He thinks he passed both, especially Spanish, since he was not doing well in there lately.
************

No comments: