Sunday, January 6, 2008

Sunday Afternoon on the Clayton Bypass

Well, it was a beautiful day today and I asked the SU if he had much planned for today or wanted to do anything...not really was the answer, so I said that if it was ok, I was gonna ride some this afternoon....didn't say no, so...

I emailed my riding friend Jay, and asked him if he was interested in riding today? He said yea and suggested that we try out the Clayton Bypass. 2 lanes in each direction, unopened, no traffic. This route is simply all rolling terrain and didn't seem to have any flat sections. But, I did fine. It was really nice to ride with Jay again as we haven't ridden together in quite a while. Last year this time, we seemed to ride every weekend and even some during the week.

He's encouraging me to play hooky from work on Tuesday....it's supposed to be around 74F! I most likely will and we'll probably do the Benson/Coates route, about 50-55mi. It is a rolling to hilly route and is the route on which I got hurt last year.....Anyways..

No comments: