Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Starting Off 2008 With A Ride

Beautiful day here in NC, tho, just a bit windy. I started the year off with a 39 mile ride from teh local shop, The Spin Cycle, around Lake Jordan. There were a lot of fast riders there, but I was not there to "hang" with the fast riders. I was there to just ride and stay in Zone 2.

Wind was a little difficult at times, pretty much in my face until we turned onto Martha's Chapel Rd. Then some tailwind, then cross winds, head winds, etc...It was a really good ride - all the "hills" I encountered were nothing compared to my Ring of Fire ride. Anytime I thought it was hard, I just remembered Cullowhee Mtn Rd, and those thoughts were gone.

So, unlike last year or the year before where I didn't do anything on New Year's Day, this year, I rode my bike!!!

No comments: