Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow?? What Snow?? & Chilly Riding!

Yea, snow??? What damn snow?? Again, we are just teased by the white stuff here in Eastern NC. It didn't start snowing here till around 5pm Saturday and then it doesn't stick, but just melts because it's been raining all day and too warm lately. It did eventually cover the ground in a nice white blanket, but when I got up this morning, it was all gone! OK...how 'bout a really good snowfall for my birthday in 2 weeks?? I think that might make me the happiest.

It was pretty cold this morning, but the sun was out and there were no clouds in the sky. I finally felt good, after being sick Friday night and Saturday and not eating very much yesterday. I was hungry this morning, had a good breakfast (the usual) and thinking about riding....after some encouragement from a fellow BikeForums member, I got dressed and decided to go out for just a ride around town. I was a bit overdressed in the torso and underdressed in my legs. I wore a Craft ls baselayer, ss jersey, ls fleece top, PI Gavia jacket, polertec-type neck gaitor, PI beanie, Lands' End fleece lined, windproof gloves, PI shorts, Performance Triflex tights, 2 pr of wool socks, toasties and booties. Nothing was cold except my legs and toes. The toes eventually got warmed up after about 25-30 minutes. The wind was rough too - riding into 15mph winds for half of the ride.

I was going to go to the gym this afternoon, but will wait and go tomorrow. I told the SU (spousal unit) that I had joined the Rex Wellness Center on Friday. He, surprisingly, said he wanted to go as well. That's good. Peak Fitness is a hole in the wall here in Clayton. No classes, young people working there as "trainer" types, just not conducive for getting me to go there. Rex has trainers with 4 year college degrees and the atmosphere is just so much better. It's farther away from home, 12-13mi, but I could take half hour lunches and go after work and be home by 5:30pm. We'll see how it goes. I really want to get in there and work on the weights, hopefully, getting a bit stronger and also helping in my weightloss quest. 18 pounds to go.....

Picture from today's ride:



No comments: