Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This Week Is Frustrating

Well....what kind of week is this going to be?? Colder weather is upon us again with a chance of some sort of wintery mix on Thursday. Today and tomorrow are going to be rather chilly, in the low 40F's for highs. I wish we would get several inches (like 8-12") of snow out of this but we won't.

I have to go visit with my Dad this weekend...he's not doing too well, mentally. For the past year or so, he has been getting forgetful and sometimes confused on things. And, he has awful mood swings...really angry & upset with everything/everyone to back to his "normal" self. Then, my step-mom calls me at work yesterday and tells me that it is getting worse, more confused/angry, gets lost driving but somehow ends up back home. So, I'm off this Saturday to visit and see if I can get any information on who his doctors are, what medications he's on, & so-forth. I really don't know what I'm going to do....I've got a good friend at work that I was talking to this morning...he's going to keep an eye/ear open for any kind of Hydraulics job in the NW part of the state (division 11 - Ashe, Alleghany, Surry, Watauga, Wilkes, Yadkin, Caldwell, and Avery Counties) so that should I have to move out that way for a while, I could. Sheesh. I never thought I would be thinking like this. :(

I guess on a brighter note - I get to do intervals today. Windchill around 37F at lunch when I'll be riding...yay! Gonna do either 8min X 3 or 10min X 2 intervals today or maybe some other variation. Just depends on how much roadway I have to work with, i.e. having to make turns or getting on a section of roadway that goes downhill too much. It's sorta hard to find good areas with long stretches of roadway to get in good intervals. Some long hill climbs would work great!

Well, those intervals didn't go as well as I thought they should. The first one was higher than it should have been, the 2nd was about right, and the last ones were in the upper end of Zone 3 instead of Z4. Oh well, guess the good thing about the ride, I was able to keep the cadence average above 95! Yay me!!



No comments: