- Monday: off, no riding. 45min to an hour of walking.
- Tuesday: 1 set of 3x5min VO2max (5min rest), 15min easy recovery, 2x20min @ 95-100% FTP (10min rest). Do a 15min warmup/cool down. Try to keep cadence > 95. Might have to drop back to 15min on the second interval,but will have to wait and see next week.
- Wednesday: 90min of zone 3 tempo work. Cadence > 95.
- Thursday: Easy, zone 2 recovery ride. Small ring, high cadence > 100. Might also incorporate some high cadence drills, depending on how I am feeling (3x2min, cadence >120).
- Friday: 60min maximum duration ride, to include 1 set of 2x2min of VO2max (2min rest), 5min recovery, 1x10min @ 95% FTP, and 3x15s in saddle sprints (15s rest). Again, trying to keep the cadence > 95.
- Saturday: Either a race or a hard ride with the guys.
- Sunday: Race (most likely not), so another hard ride with the guys.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Adjusting the Plan
Had to adjust the plan because it was too intense for me right now. I also cannot do back to back days of hard intervals. Last year, Andy had me take at least 1 day, preferably 2 days between intervals. So, here's the adjusted plan for the next few weeks: