The next 3 weeks will look like this:
- Monday: off
- Tuesday: 5x5min VO2 max intervals, 5min rest between. 20min warm-up/cool down.
- Wednesday: 2x20min @ 90-95% of FTP. 20min warm-up, 5min @100%, 5min recovery, 1st interval, 10min recovery, 2nd interval, 20min cool down. Done on torture device.
- Thursday: 1-1.5hr of tempo work with 0.5hr endurance.
- Friday: off (this will suck since I have half days off and can get some good riding in...will have to settle for a good walk)
- Saturday: Long, hard group riding.
- Sunday: Easy recovery ride.
Week 4 will be the same intensity but will back off length of intensity to 80% of what I was doing.
Week before the race - back off to 60%.
I'll be starting this tomorrow, probably after work since the Tuesday workout will be around 1.5hr long. Wednesday at home on the trainer and Thursday can either be at lunch or after work...will have to wait & see for this week...
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thrive on structure and this is exactly what I need. I've been missing it terribly since June of last year, when I finished up AoM. I'm soooo looking forward to this!!!!