Monday, February 23, 2009

Resting Today (?)

Supposed to be a rest day today - go for a 45min walk or something similar. It's really windy out today, like yesterday - and I don't particularly want to walk...So, yea, I'm gonna do it...ride the bike. I know. Shouldn't do it, but I'm going to hop on the trainer this evening and do 45min of zone 1-2, small ring, high cadence. Easy stuff. I'm feeling really good today after a good 8hr of sleep last night too.

I think this is going to be a good week for training. I'm really motivated to get these intervals nailed tomorrow and Friday so that I can tell the friend/coach(s) how I'm doing. I might get fussed at for riding today, not sure, but I figure as long as I keep it zone 1-2 and take it really easy, it should be fine. Plus, I have lots of motivation for sticking with the diet (200cal/2hr) now and watching the pounds come off. I'm just in that "mind-set" now. It's like a switch flipped on over the weekend and I feel so much more positive now. That's a good thing - wasn't doing too well at the beginning of the weekend.

That's all....I'll post an edit to this with what I did tonight.


Well, that didn't go as planned. I went to a friend's house to pick up a new kit and we ended up talking for the longest time. Didn't get home till 6:45pm, got a bite to eat, then had to find pictures of my son to use at school for his ROTC Awards ceremony coming up in a month or so. Maybe it was a good thing that I didn't ride this evening. It does mean that I should be fully rested and ready to hammer out those intervals tomorrow.

No comments: