Sunday, February 22, 2009

Riding The Wind Today

Wow. I had plans to do a cross (cx) ride this afternoon with my friends Dallas & Cliff, but really just wasn't motivated to get out of my PJ's and get stuff ready...heh...I was still sitting in the PJ's at 12pm this afternoon. Dallas called and said everyone else that was going this afternoon bailed, so I didn't feel too bad about bailing. But, I still really needed to get a good, hard ride in.

The temps were actually pretty good for riding (right around 50F), but the wind was another damn story. It was extremely windy this afternoon - sustained 12-14mph with gusts up to 25mph. But, I really needed to ride, so I finally got out of the PJ's, dressed and headed out. Pretty much the whole 33/34mi was either a head/cross wind with maybe 3 or 4mi of tailwind. Besides the wind, it was a beautiful day for a ride.

Not much else for today. I'm pretty tired after that ride though - 34mi (by the time I got home) in 2:11hr. Slow, but to be expected with headwinds for the whole ride. Tomorrow will be a rest day, then intervals on Tuesday. Yay! I like intervals.

Here's the route:

No comments: